Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Pineapple Express - Movie Review

OK, when I started to watch this movie, the first five minutes of the movie had me on the floor laughing my ass off. I damn near pissed in my pants watching those first five minutes of the movie. It was a great scene showing the government doing secret lab tests on the effects of Pot back in the 60's or something like that.

Flash forward after I laugh for another 5 minutes and Seth Rogan appears and he's a process server who likes to smoke pot and has a 17 year old girlfriend who is a senior in High School and he is 25

The basic gist of the story is that he get's this good weed from James Franco's character called Pineapple Express and it's a one of a kind. Seth Rogan goes off to serve a supena and witnesses a murder. He tosses his roach on the ground and takes off. The guy who he just saw murder someone is the dealer of the Pineapple Express and smells the roach and now tries to track him down.

So from here starts the corny adventure.

Actually after the first five minutes of the movie, you might as well pack it up and leave. This one really was stupid and I would have to guess that if I smoked up a joint, I'd still feel the same way after watching it.

It wasn't funny, it was filled with already used dumb humor that Rogan has used in other films before. There was nothing original about it and unlike Superbad, this one won't get funnier each time you see it.

Wait to rent it or better yet, wait until it's on HBO or Showtime.

Rating: 1/2 out of 5

No comments: