Saturday, September 20, 2008

Darius Rucker - Learn To Live - CD Review



I remember seeing Hootie and the Blowfish back when Cracked Rearview Mirroe came out. They were opening at the time for Big Head Todd and the Monsters. I thinkas a band they put on a pretty good show and all of it really revolved around the awesome voice of Darius Rucker. I lost touch with their music because at the time being broke and the internet wasn't out to get good deals on music. Plus I worked 5 minutes from my office, so I never listened to the radio. So if they did continue on, I didn't know.

So I saw Darius Rucker show up on the list of new music available this week. I knew I had to check out the new cd and see what he's up to.

I was a little thrown off, I would have figured him for a gospel singer or something in line with the one Hootie Cd I do know. Bust it starts off with some Bluegrass riffs and gets really into a full on country music cd.

I've got to say there's a good mix of good old country twang along with some classic Hootie sounding ballads. The Ballads really are my favorite because it really brings out what a range of voice Rucker has.

Drinkin' And Dialin' is a funny little song. Honestly, don't think of this as Hootie on his own cutting a solo cd. Rucker brings a great new sound that should put him on the map in the country music world.

I would recommend this one to the country fan for sure.


Track List:

1. Forever Road 4:01
2. All I Want
3. Don't Think I Don't Think About It
4. Learn To Live
5. If I Had Wings
6. History In The Making
7. Alright
8. It Won't Be Like This For Long
9. Drinkin' And Dialin'
10. I Hope They Get To Me In Time
11. While I Still Got The Time
12. Be Wary Of A Woman

No comments: