Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Get Smart's Bruce & Lloyd - Out of Control - DVD Review

This straight to DVD spin-off from the new Get Smart movie was release on DVD a couple weeks after the film hit the theaters. I haven't seen the new Get Smart movie yet, but plan to see it this weekend.

Masi Oka (Hiro on Heroes) plays Bruce and Nate Torrence plays Lloyd. The two are the techies from CONTROL. Basically they make all the cool spy stuff for 86, 99 and the rest.

This is a story about Bruce and Lloyd and their attempt to do some field work to cover up a little mess they created. I honestly don't think I laughed a single time watching this one. My guess as word gets out the people will probably stop buying this one on DVD. It really has no redeeming quality and pretty much blows from start to finish.

My recommendation is that if you really want to see this movie, run over to Blockbuster or RedBox and rent it. I don't think it's worth paying $14.99 for it. It's not funny, the plot is relatively lame and there wasn't anything to hold it together.

Rating: 1/2 out of 5

No comments: