Friday, May 30, 2008

David Cook - The Time Of My Life - Idol Review


So in all of the years of the show American Idol I had never watch an actual season. I always watched those tryouts and the tools who came back every year even though the sucked big time. They must have mental issues or just want to always be known as the complete idiots of the world. Anyways, this year my wife sucked me into the show and I watched it from end to end.

I just moved to Kansas City, MO so for me Blue Springs, MO didn't mean a thing, it might as well have been Madison, WI or something. I come to find out that it's basically a subburb of our little KC town. From the top 12 I knew that David Cook would be the one to beat. Everything about him screamed - I'm the one - the voice, style and versitility he has is amazing. I can't believe it took this show for him to make it. Sounds like he put in some years here in KC working hard at it and new really took off.

At first I never called in a single time because I watched the show after voting on the DVR. Then as it came down to the final 6 or so I started dialing in and getting my David Cook votes in for fear that some dipshit like Jason would win because women thought he was cute or he was the vote for the worst person - who knows.

From week to week David Cook was consistant putting out great sound from Opera, rock, Dolly Parton, Neil Diamond and the rest. I personally thought that David A. would win because all the teens voting for him. Personally I saw him as nothing more that a good kid, with a kind heart hanging on the puppet strings of his father. He has no versitility in his going and will do well as a christian singer or something in that nature. I do wish him luck as this was a lot for a 16 year old to go through.

Back to Cook - The man of the hour - the week and hopefully a successful career going forward. I see this guy blowing away the likes of Clay, Ruben, Daughtry, Clarkson and the rest. He has a good heart and doesn't seem like he will et it go to his head too bad. Hopefully he stays grounded and remembers where he came from.

David's cd Analog Heart is great. I think lyrically you can tell it's a start and needs some work, but the voice and arrangemnts are amazing. When they do put it out again I would certainly pick it up if I were you. Plus all those great studio versions iTues sold through the competition are good ones to have.

I wish this guy nothing but success in teh years to come. He was up against some good, some bad and some ugly and really came through.

No comments: