Thursday, March 27, 2008

Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd. CD Review

This is the second cd for Panic At The Disco coming out 3 years after the first one. So we will see if they will hit the sophomore slump or continue to have success with is one. Pretty Odd is a bit odd over all but it really takes a lot of those 60's style stuff the Beatles and Beach Boys did and tries to relive that style.

I wasn't really sure if I would like this one or not. But I've got to tell you it's pretty good. They do really like to take a single song and change up the style of the song sometimes multiple times like a Rock Opera type song.

I really can't place them as a comparison of anything else out today. They really are a mix of several different bands all in one. That's what makes them unique. I've never seen them live, but if they can pull off all the changes in the songs on stage they are pretty talented. Hopefully I will see them some day live.

Overall it's a pretty good cd with a good mix of styles in the music and it certainly has a little bit of the 60's rock style in it. I like this one and certainly would recommend picking it up.

Track List:
1. We're So Starving
2. Nine In The Afternoon
3. She's A Handsome Woman
4. Do You Know What I'm Seeing?
5. That Green Gentleman [Things Have Changed]
6. I Have Friends In Holy Spaces
7. Northern Downpour
8. When The Day Met The Night
9. Pas De Cheval
10. The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know
11. Behind The Sea
12. Folkin' Around
13. She Had The World
14. From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins
15. Mad As Rabbits

No comments: